Kenyatta University Library
Kenyatta University Library – Read Details Below:
Mission, Vision & Objectives
Vision of the Library
To be a centre of excellence in the provision of library and information services to Kenyatta University and the global community.
Mission Statement of the University Library
To provide a dynamic and quality user centered library and information services that enhance teaching, learning and research while inculcating life-long learning skills and fostering human development.
The Library brings high quality, scholarly information resources and services to the Kenyatta University Community.
The Library acknowledges and is committed to the values of Kenyatta University: truth, excellence, self-reliance, innovation, professionalism, quality and relevance. In demonstrating this commitment we ensure that:
- Our clients are at the core of all we do
- We distinguish ourselves through service excellence that recognizes our clients’ needs and diversity
- Our staff are a valued resource
- Together, we pride ourselves on our ability to accept challenges and deliver results that enhance quality of service
Objectives of the Library
- Selecting, acquiring and organizing relevant and up-to-date information resources in all formats appropriate to the information needs of the university.
- Establishing, promoting and maintaining a wide range of services and dissemination strategies that support the academic programmes of the University and encourage optimum exploitation of the resources of the library.
- Continuously conduct information literacy and orientation to users through a variety of methods in order to provide guidance on use of the library’s collection and inculcate lifelong information skills
- Developing and retaining qualified, experienced and dedicated professional library staff who will offer high quality services to the users of the library.
- Adopting technologies that will make information resources accessible to the University community in an equitable, efficient and effective manner.
- Organize and preserve locally produced knowledge within KU and provide access anywhere and at any time.
- Provide a secure and conducive learning environment for use of library resources.
The Post-Modern Library is conveniently organized into Subject Libraries on every floor giving the users easy access to the information they seek.
- Ground Floor – Education & Information Science Subject Library
- First Floor – Social Science Subject Library
- Second Floor – Humanities Subject Library
- Third Floor – Science & Technology Subject Library
- Fourth Floor – Research & Special Collection Library
- Fifth Floor – Research Commons (For Post-graduates and Staff)
Each floor has a Subject Library Counter which provides Information Services on the subject area except the Fifth floor. Other services availed across the counter include:
- Access to Back Issues of Newspapers
- Magazines & Reviews
Rules & Regulations
Persons who wish to use the Library must be registered as members
- All persons registered as University Library members are required to abide by these regulations.
- The University Librarian may suspend from the use of the library any person breaking these Regulations.
- Order and silence must be maintained at all times in the Library.
- Smoking, eating, drinking and sleeping in the Library is prohibited.
- Briefcases, bags, overcoats, hats, umbrellas, etc, are not allowed in the library.
- All persons entering the library must show their university ID.
- All persons leaving the library must show all their documents to the Security staff at exit.
- Stealing or attempting to steal a library document or any of the library property is an offense. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the offender.
- The library will not take responsibility for loss or damage of personal property left in the reading and baggage areas.
- Mobile phones and other devices likely to cause disturbances should not be used in the library unless their use is silent.
- Ink bottles, paints etc, which may accidentally damage library materials are not allowed into the library.
- Damage of library materials, equipment, property, or building is prohibited and must be reported immediately to a member of library staff. Those responsible must pay for the damage.
- The Library reserves the right to ask any person to stop using computer equipment if the library staff has reasonable grounds to believe that that person is misusing it.
- Computers are provided for the purpose of research and other educational endeavors. Misuse of the facilities e.g. game playing, e-trade, hacking, change of PC or Network settings is prohibited.
- Borrowing is restricted to registered members
- Library members are responsible for loss or damage of library materials in their possession. They will be required to pay for the loss or damage at a cost to be determined.
- Library materials are not to be taken out of the library unless they are properly issued.
- Marking, defacing or mutilation of any library material is prohibited
- Most books in the library may be borrowed but Reference books, Journals, etc, may only be taken out of the library with authority of the relevant Head Librarian.
- Loaned items may not be transferred from one borrower to another but must be returned to the library for re-issuing.
- The university ID must be produced when borrowing and returning library items.
Registered members can borrow materials as indicated:
- Academic staff: 10 items
- Post-Graduates: 10 items
- Undergraduates: 7 items
- Staff Grades A-F: 6 items
- Staff Grades I-IV: 4 items
Registered members are allowed to keep borrowed items for the period indicated below
- University Staff: 4 weeks
- Postgraduates: 4 weeks
- School-Based: 4 weeks
- Undergraduates: 2 weeks
- Borrowed Library materials not returned after the due-date attract fines
- Borrowing rights may be withdrawn from persons who persistently keep library materials overdue.
- Fines of Ksh.2/= for each subsequent day will be charged for books returned late on long loan.
- Fines of Ksh.5/= for each subsequent hour will be charged for books returned late from Short Loan.
All registered members of the library must clear with the University Library at the expiry of their membership.
There is a copyright protection law on most of the library materials. Deliberate infringement on this law e.g. unauthorized copying, is a criminal offense. All users of electronic information resources must abide by the terms of the appropriate licenses. However, permissible copying limits as per Copyright Act may be made for academic purposes. All users of library materials must observe these limits in the Library premises or elsewhere.
Rules And Regulations Governing The Use Of Laptops To Access The Library Wireless Network
- Laptops should only be used in designated areas.
- Users of Laptops must maintain order and avoid distracting other users.
- The University Library accepts no responsibility for loss of laptop, data or software therein.
- Laptops can be used to access the Library wireless facility but must not be directly connected to the University Campus network, Library computers or any other device without prior approval.
- Access must only be for purposes declared which are in line with the users’ academic, research and/or learning programs of Kenyatta University.
- Users should not use laptops to access e-mail, play games, watching movies, play music, etc.
- If any abuse/non compliance is discovered/detected, the connection privileges will be terminated with immediate effect and disciplinary action taken.
- All other Library rules and regulations apply
This facilitates equitable circulation of information resources among all users.
Information materials borrowed on regular loan are all issued at the circulation section.
Short loan materials are issued from the Circulation Section and at the Education Subject Counter
Lending Regulations and penalties
- Only registered students of Kenyatta University and Staff are entitled to borrow materials.
- All library users MUST produce their Student /Staff identification card before borrowing any information material.
- Lost or mutilated information materials on loan will be replaced at the market cost of the information materials plus KSh. 500. processing charges.
- Information materials borrowed on regular loan and not returned on the due date will be charged KSh. 5/= on the 1st day and KSh. 2/= for the rest of the days.
- Information Borrowed on short loan and not returned on time will be charged Ksh. 5/= per hour.
Recall of Materials on Loan
The Librarian may recall any information material on loan from a user by notice which shall specify return of the same. If a user does not return the item as specified, he shall incur a fine of Kshs. 5 per book per day.
Photocopy services are offered at the following rates: Photocopy- KSh. 2/= per page.This is done within the permissible copying limits as per Copyright Act.
The library subscribes to e-books and e-journals which can be accessed from all Library computer labs. These can also be accessed from the library if a user has a laptop through wireless connectivity.
- Library Catalogue
- Electronic Journals & Databases
- Institutional Repository
- Past Examination Papers
Library Service Charter
- The Library’s Service Delivery Charter
Kenyatta University Detailed Information
Kenyatta University Official Contacts Address
Kenyatta University Student Login Portal
Kenyatta University Digital School
Kenyatta University Admission Letters 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Diploma Courses
List of Courses Offered at Kenyatta University
Kenyatta University Certificate Courses
Kenyatta University Admission 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Application 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Admission list 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Accommodation
Kenyatta University Admission Form 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Application Form PDF Download 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Bridging Courses
Kenyatta University Bachelor Of Commerce Fees 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Bachelor Of Commerce
Kenyatta University Business Courses Offered
Kenyatta University Undergraduate Business Courses
Kenyatta University Graduate Business Courses
Kenyatta University Doctorate Business Courses
Kenyatta University Certificate Business Courses
Kenyatta University Diploma Business Courses
Kenyatta University Bachelor Of Arts
Kenyatta University B Com Syllabus
Kenyatta University Corporate Email
Kenyatta University City Campus
About Kenyatta University City Campus
Kenyatta University City Campus Courses Offered
Kenyatta University Ruiru Campus
Kenyatta University Kitui Campus
Kenyatta University Mombasa Campus
Kenyatta University Nyeri Campus
Kenyatta University Nakuru Campus
Kenyatta University Embu Campus
Kenyatta University Kericho Campus
C- Courses in Kenyatta University
Kenyatta University Distance Learning
About Kenyatta University Distance Learning
Kenyatta University Distance Learning Contacts
Kenyatta University Distance Learning Courses
Kenyatta University Distance Learning Fees Structure 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Diploma In Nursing
Kenyatta University Diploma In Education Fees 2022/2023
Kenyatta University DSVOL : KU Digital Students
Kenyatta University Degree Courses
Kenyatta University Departments
D+ Courses in Kenyatta University
Kenyatta University Email Address
Kenyatta University Education Courses
Kenyatta University Engineering Courses
Kenyatta University E-Resources
Kenyatta University E-Learning Student Portal
Kenyatta University E Repository
Kenyatta University Fee Structure 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Faculty Portal
Kenyatta University Finance Department
Kenyatta University Fee Structure For Jab Students 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Graduation 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Graduation List 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Graduate School
Kenyatta University Graduation Application 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Grading System
Kenyatta University Graduation Fee
Kenyatta University GPA Calculator
Kenyatta University Graduation Requirements 2022/2023
Kenyatta University GPA Grading
Kenyatta University Hostel Application 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Hospitality Courses
Kenyatta University Hostel Booking 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Intake 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Institutional Repository
Kenyatta University ICT Support
Kenyatta University IBP Student Portal
Kenyatta University May Intake 2022/2023
Kenyatta University July Graduation 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Joining Instructions 2022/2023
Kenyatta University January Intake 2022/2023
Kenyatta University July Graduation List 2022/2023
Kenyatta University January Intake Closing Date 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Kitui Campus Hostels
Kenyatta University KUCCPS Admission Letters 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Kitui Campus Hostel Application
Kenyatta University Library Catalog
Masters Courses Offered at Kenyatta University
Kenyatta University Masters Fee Structure 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Medical School
About Kenyatta University Medical School
Kenyatta University Medical School Contacts
Kenyatta University Medical School Departments
Kenyatta University Medical School Courses
Kenyatta University Main Campus Location
Kenyatta University Main Campus Contact
Kenyatta University Nursing Course
Kenyatta University New Student Portal
Kenyatta University Online Application 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Online Services
Kenyatta University Official Website
Kenyatta University Online Graduation Application 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Online Library
Kenyatta University Online Application Form 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Online Degree Courses
Kenyatta University Postal Address
Phd Courses Offered at Kenyatta University
Kenyatta University Post Graduate Courses
Kenyatta University Post Modern Library
Kenyatta University Provisional Graduation List 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Qualifications 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Diploma Qualifications 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Masters Qualification 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Law Qualifications 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Courses and Qualifications 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Repository
Kenyatta University Reporting Dates 2022/2023
Kenyatta University School Of Medicine
About Kenyatta University School Of Medicine
Kenyatta University School Of Medicine Contact
Kenyatta University School Of Medicine Departments
Kenyatta University School Of Medicine Courses
Kenyatta University School Of Law
About Kenyatta University School Of Law
Kenyatta University School Of Law Qualification
Kenyatta University School Of Law Course Structure
Kenyatta University School Of Law Academic Calendar
Kenyatta University School Of Law Location
Kenyatta University School Of Law Departments
Kenyatta University School Of Law Courses
Kenyatta University School Of Law Contacts
Kenyatta University School Of Business
Kenyatta University School Of Education
Kenyatta University School Of Education Departments
Kenyatta University School Of Education Courses
Kenyatta University School Of Education Contacts
Kenyatta University September Intake 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Staff Portal
Kenyatta University School Of Med Requirement
Kenyatta University Student Online Services
Kenyatta University Undergraduate Fee Structure 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Undergraduate Application Form 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Virtual Learning
Kenyatta University Vision and Mission Statement
Kenyatta University Virtual Learning Courses
Kenyatta University World Ranking
Kenyatta University First Year Reporting Date 2022/2023
Kenyatta University First Year Admission 2022/2023
Kenyatta University First Year Admission Letters 2022/2023
Kenyatta University First Year Fee Structure 2022/2023
Kenyatta University First Year Timetable 2022/2023
Kenyatta University First Year Intake 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Department of Zoological Sciences
Kenyatta University Application Closing Date 2022/2023
List Of Public Universities
University of Nairobi Applications 2022/2023
Moi University Applications 2022/2023
Kenyatta University Applications 2022/2023
Egerton University Applications 2022/2023
Maseno University Applications 2022/2023
Multimedia University of Kenya Applications 2022/2023
Meru University of Science and Technology Applications 2022/2023
Muranga University of Technology Applications 2022/2023
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) Applications 2022/2023
Technical University Of Mombasa TUM Karibu Applications 2022/2023
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology Applications 2022/2023
Dedan Kimathi University of Technology Applications 2022/2023
Chuka University Applications 2022/2023
Laikipia University Applications 2022/2023
Machakos University Applications 2022/2023
Kirinyaga University Applications 2022/2023
Karatina University Applications 2022/2023
South Eastern Kenya University Applications 2022/2023
University of Kabianga Applications 2022/2023
University Of Eldoret Applications 2022/2023
List of Courses for Universities and Colleges in Kenya
Fees Structure for Universities and Colleges in Kenya
Admission List for Universities and Colleges in Kenya